New Customers

New to Fantasy or Reality? Click here for a brief synopsis of what to expect.

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Sugar

Another young girl entered the dream. I thought to myself about how the last one turned out. Things went pretty well. I, Noble, would guide this one from the land of sugar to the prince, just like I had the last. Well, at least I would try. They can be so stubborn, and selfish.

"Where am I?" The girl cried. And dutifully, the good witch appeared, gave her the magical gifts and her task. And, as expected, the moment the good witch was gone, she attempted to selfishly run with those magical shoes straight to the prince. If only she could see how silly she looked, running in place.

Coming to a stop, she looked around, as she realized she had not moved an inch. "Aww man, these shoes are BROKEN! Dumb shoes."

My role was next, so I cast my fairy magic, transporting her to a land of sugar. I made my usual appearance.

"Hi, I'm Noble! I'm a sugar fairy, and I have been sent to help you get to the prince!" I said, introducing myself.

"I'm Amy. Do you know where I am?"

"Silly, you're in the land of sugar!" I responded. She knelt down, and tasted the sandy ground. Her face brightened as she scooped more toward her mouth. "Hey! Be careful! If you eat too much, you'll get a stomachache!"

"I'm fine... but I wish I could go home." Amy responded, in a huff. Then, in a surprising turn, she looked at me deviously.

"Wait, Amy. What are you thinking?" I asked, but before I had a chance to react, she jumped atop me, and started biting my arm. "Hey! Stop that, I'm not food!"

"Yes you are! You're sugar!" Amy said, as she bit my head off. My body fell limply to the ground. Well, this was going to be harder than when Maya came through. I melted into the sugary ground and reformed a few feet away, this time with wings so she couldn't reach me.

"Ok, listen, Amy. I'm here to help you, but we need to set some ground rules."

"I HATE RULES! I want to do what I WANT!" Amy whined. Rolling my eyes, I prepared for what was SURE to be a LONG trip.

-------------------------
This blog post is part of a series of stories associated with Practice makes pretense, in which a collection of writing done in response to prompts is compiled. Then, the reader should answer the following two questions: 1) What was your favorite thing about the writing? 2) What did you feel as you read it?

If you would like to view the original, please visit the Practice makes pretense book on Wattpad, and respond to the writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment