New Customers

New to Fantasy or Reality? Click here for a brief synopsis of what to expect.

Friday, March 23, 2018

Shopping

Avocados, chips, tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime, salt, tequila, simple syrup, mint, cheese, tomatillos, and of course a new video game.

Well, ok, I may not have bought these things, but if I were to go buy something right now, those would quite possibly be the things I would get. I'm not much a fan of shopping, but if there are two things I like to shop for it's food and games.

I'm a sucker for entertainment, and I have a love of food so deep that even feeling ill often cannot prevent me from enjoying it. Most of the time, anyway.

It's just too bad that there are some things I cannot buy. More time, love (I mean real love, because obviously, it's easy to pay someone to pretend they like you for a short time), restfulness, and peace.

On the other hand, there are some things money does buy. See, the idea that money cannot buy happiness is true. It doesn't really buy a lasting happiness. But on the other hand, money does buy a slew of things that help reduce unhappiness.

I like that I have a somewhat comfortable life. I am lucky. I work hard, but I was fortunate to be born in a place and time where that hard work is possible, and where that hard work means I can be comfortable.

I'm just also sad that there are others who weren't that lucky. Would that I could buy the end to all human suffering (without human extinction). I'd give anything for people to be able to live long, happy lives. But, there just isn't enough room on my shopping list. After all, my wallet doesn't even afford avocados, chips, tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime, salt, tequila, simple syrup, mint, cheese, tomatillos, and of course a new video game.

-------------------------
This blog post is part of a series of stories associated with Practice makes pretense, in which a collection of writing done in response to prompts is compiled. Then, the reader should answer the following two questions: 1) What was your favorite thing about the writing? 2) What did you feel as you read it?

If you would like to view the original, please visit the Practice makes pretense book on Wattpad, and respond to the writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment