New Customers

New to Fantasy or Reality? Click here for a brief synopsis of what to expect.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Schoolwork is tiring

It's almost 9pm... I've been up at school since 11am, and I left home at 10am. I'm not accustomed to being awake early, but 10am is by no means early. Still, all this work with almost no time spent taking breaks, even bathroom or lunch breaks, has left me tired. I haven't played Portal for my other class (although I already finished it), and I haven't read my professor's book for Monday (although I already read it before, too)... I don't know if I'm ahead, behind, or living in another alternative dimension where everything is inherently exhausting for no reason.

I can't help but think that there is no better time than the present to disengage from my work, take a moment to eat, and head home early for today. I'm not a slacker, but I'm no good to anyone if I don't have the energy to stay awake. I figure, I should eat and drive home before I'm too tired to do these things.

It's a little ironic that I'm tired doing what I've been excited about for ages, and that the thing that I enjoy but didn't exactly plan to do (my current employment at a packing and shipping location) is something that I don't find as exhausting. It's possible, though, that the reason this is the case is that I've been working for over 9 hours on this stuff, and my longest shift at work is 7 hours (on abnormally long days when I am the only one working).

I look forward to crashing (in bed, not my car).

No comments:

Post a Comment