New Customers

New to Fantasy or Reality? Click here for a brief synopsis of what to expect.

Thursday, February 22, 2018

The unrequited love poem


I saw you sit there,
I wanted to say hello
But I just could not.

So I bide my time,
Learning what I can until...
At last, there it is.

What I expected,
You are already taken.
She's lucky, I thought.

I sit down and weep.
These dreams I have are painful.
But even in pain...

I can't stop dreaming.
I want something to believe,
But it does not come.

I will still hold on.
Hold on to the hope that I,
However broken

Will one day find it
Those elusive four letters.
Then love will be mine.

-------------------------
This blog post is part of a series of stories associated with Practice makes pretense, in which a collection of writing done in response to prompts is compiled. Then, the reader should answer the following two questions: 1) What was your favorite thing about the writing? 2) What did you feel as you read it?

If you would like to view the original, please visit the Practice makes pretense book on Wattpad, and respond to the writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment