New Customers

New to Fantasy or Reality? Click here for a brief synopsis of what to expect.

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Dancing

I danced above the surface, one fluid motion after another. Perhaps I would be noticed, perhaps not. Regardless, I would move on, sliding in one direction, then sailing back in the other.

I twirled, wearing my most beautiful colours, for all to see. I flipped, and jumped. I may have been one of many, but now I was alone, beautiful and graceful, having found my place out in the world after having left where I once grew up.

In a dramatic and beautiful frenzy, I soared high into the air.
I am a leaf on the wind, flying in autumn.

-------------------------
This blog post is part of a series of stories associated with Practice makes pretense, in which a collection of writing done in response to prompts is compiled. Then, the reader should answer the following two questions: 1) What was your favorite thing about the writing? 2) What did you feel as you read it?

If you would like to view the original, please visit the Practice makes pretense book on Wattpad, and respond to the writer.

1 comment:

  1. 1) I am a leaf, it was a plot twist
    2) It felt kinda solitary and morose

    ReplyDelete