New Customers

New to Fantasy or Reality? Click here for a brief synopsis of what to expect.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Pokémon- the infernal glitch (Part 1)

‎"Come back, Bibarel!" The trainer called, as he withdrew his last Pokémon. It had been a totally one-sided battle the whole time. Honestly, the trainer who had just swept the match hadn't even tried.

"Well, thanks for the battle, and the change" The trainer in black and yellow said, collecting the 285 Poké from trainer Joey.

"You totally cheated!" He yelled, in a fit of rage. "Who has a Pokémon that strong?!"

"Apparently, I do. But hey, don't let it get you down. This Dragonite has fought against the Elite four countless times."

"Yeah, I heard that even as Champion, you keep abusing them by going through them repeatedly."

"It's a reasonable source of income." The trainer replied.

"You're just a dick." Joey said.

"Dragonite? Hyperbeam." And with that, the conversation was over. Clearly youngster Joey had overstepped his authority and had been taught his place for once. (Although, Joey had been beaten by hordes of other trainers... yesterday. Also, every day for the past 3 years, but that's a story for another time, and one that Joey refuses to let anyone hear.)

Heading on his way, the trainer in yellow and black made a quick stop by the Pokémart to get his team healed.

"Welcome!" Nurse Joy said with her usual smile. And as per usual, she healed the Pokémon to full health. "We hope to see you again!"

"Excuse me?" The trainer asked, starting to get a bit annoyed.

"I said, we hope to see you again!" Joy replied.

"Ah, so... what you're saying is... you're hoping my team gets hurt again!"

"No, no! Nothing like that! It's just..."

"Just what? HUH? Listen, I really don't need all your chit-chat. I just come here to get my team in top shape for upcoming battles." The trainer confronted.

"I'm sorry. But, wouldn't it be nice if people stopped fighting with Pokémon?" Nurse Joy asked.

"The world isn't so nice." The trainer replied, and he made a swift exit. As the trainer reached the edge of the forest, he heard a strange noise deeper into the treeline. Could it be the legendary Celebi? The trainer was eager to find out what was making that strange noise, so he ventured inward.

Suddenly a trainer dressed in red and black jumped out from the underbrush.

"I choose you, go Dialga!" He roared. Instinctively, the yellow-clad trainer threw his Dragonite's pokéball to begin the battle.

"Dialga, use Roar of Time!" Red yelled.

"Wait, say WHA..." Yellow began, but suddenly time was nothing. As the world stood still, air silent and motionless, Red commanded Dialga to attack. Time resumed, and suddenly, Dragonite fell to the ground, unconscious.

"What just happened?" Yellow asked, alarmed. Then, fearing for his Dragonite, he withdrew it, and sent out his Arcanine. It, too, was quickly bested. As was his Clefable, his Togetic, his Umbreon, and his Spinda. "How?"

"Dialga, use Draco Meteor!" Red bellowed with a dastardly gleam in his eye. Yellow was already out of Pokémon  so when the meteors fell upon him, it was no surprise that he was knocked unconscious. 

When Yellow awoke, he was greeted by Nurse Joy. Confused by his situation, Yellow asked Joy what had happened. She explained that apparently he had blacked out, given half his money to some trainer he just lost to, and had 'scurried' to the Pokémon center to get his team healed.

Yellow was at a total loss. How could someone have such a powerful Pokémon?  Surely he must have cheated. As Yellow stood up to leave, his C-gear began to ring. He answered it.

"Hello? Yellow?" The Pokémon Professor asked.

"Hello, Professor Yew. Nice to hear from you, what's going on?" Yellow replied.

"I was just calling to inform you that you are no longer the Champion in this region."

"WHAT? What do you mean I'm not the Champion anymore?"

"Well, apparently, someone just beat the Elite Four in record time. They're recovering now, but from the reports they have given, it seems that no sooner had they even sent out their Pokémon than their Pokémon was unconscious." Yew answered.

"Hmm, that sounds familiar. Any word on the type of Pokémon this new champion used?" Yellow asked, hoping to gain some insight on the type weaknesses of the new champion.

"Well, that's the thing. Nobody could identify this Pokémon. I haven't even heard about it, and I'm a Pokémon professor!"

"What did it look like?" Yellow pleaded.

"Well, it was gray, and square-ish." Professor Yew replied.

"Is that all you know?"

"I'm afraid that those details were the only ones that matched across the board. Each of the Elite Four claimed to see a different Pokémon than the other. According to their descriptions of that Pokémon, that is."

"This is troubling." Yellow exclaimed.

"It is troubling indeed." Yew agreed.

"Now how am I going to afford all these Max Revives!?"

"WHAT? That's what you're worried about?!" Professor Yew yelled.

"Actually, I'm worried about losing my title. I would head there right away, but I need to do some research first. I just ran across my own strange Pokémon that I can't explain."

"Send me a sketch of what it looks like and I'll see what I can find for you, Yellow."

"Thanks, Professor! I'll talk to you later!" Yellow smiled. One more thing out of the way. Honestly, though, Yellow was very frightened. No Pokémon ever won instantly, but now twice (or more) in one day it was happening everywhere. This was troublesome, and Yellow didn't know how to handle the news.

"I hope this doesn't turn into something I can't deal with." Yellow sighed.

No comments:

Post a Comment